Board of Education
2017 Adopted/Revised Board of Education Policies
Eastchester residents are invited and encouraged to attend the Board of Education meetings that are generally held two Tuesdays of each month at 8:00 pm. Check the district calendar for meeting dates.
Board of Education meetings, as well as other district events, are broadcast live or on tape over Cable Access Channels 24 and 78. The dates and times of all Board of Education meetings are posted online as well as in the district calendar.
The Board of Education may be contacted by writing to:
Eastchester Union Free School District
Attention: Board of Education
580 White Plains Road
Eastchester, NY 10709
Email to the Board of Education may be sent to: BOE@Eastchester.k12.ny.us
Call (914)793-6130, ext. 4201 to leave a message.
Trustees and Officers for the 2017-2018 School Year:
- Robert Summer, President
- Mary Messner Martin, Vice President
- Steven Projansky Secretary
- David Carforo, Trustee
- Vito Catania, Trustee
- Judah Holstein, Trustee
- Michelle Kissel, Truste
- Dr. Cheryl Smith, Trustee
- Sally Veltidi, Trustee
Time: 8:00 PM, unless otherwise posted
- Work Sessions - District Board Room (in High School Library Media Center during Budget Presentations, dates TBD)
- Regular Monthly Board Meetings - High School Library Media Center
Meetings in 2017-2018
|Tuesday, July 11 7:30pm||Reorganization Meeting|
|Monday, July 17 |
Tuesday, August 22 7:30pm
| Tuesday, September 12 Work Session
|Tuesday, September 26||Meeting|
|Tuesday, October 10
|Tuesday, October 24||Meeting|
|Tuesday, November 14||Work Session|
|Tuesday, November 28||Meeting|
|Monday, December 11||Meeting|
|Tuesday, January 9||Work Session|
|Tuesday, January 23||Meeting|
|Tuesday, February 13||Work Session|
|Tuesday, February 27||Meeting|
|Tuesday, March 13
|Tuesday, March 27||Meeting|
|Tuesday, April 10
|Tuesday, April 17||Meeting|
|Tuesday, May 8
|Tuesday, May 15||Meeting|
|Tuesday, June 12
|Tuesday, June 19
Please click any of the links below to access the Minutes of the Board of Education Meetings prior to June 2016:
The Eastchester School District has established advisory committees for the purpose of involving parents and the community to advise the Board in various areas. Parents and community members are invited to sit on the following committees: Community Relations, Finance, and Facilities.
Committees generally meet approximately six times a year. Meetings are usually held in the evening, for a maximum of two hours.
Interested parties are invited to submit a letter of interest, reasons for wanting to serve on the advisory committee, qualifications and/or resume to Board Advisory Committees, Eastchester UFSD Board of Education, 580 White Plains Road, Eastchester, NY 10709 or fax to: 793-9006. For additional information, please call the Public Information Office at 793-6130, ext. 4661.
The Eastchester Board of Education has established the following goals:
Improving Student Performance:
- Continue to enhance learning opportunities for all students through a sustained and systemic program of teacher professional growth and curriculum development.
- Mentor new instructional staff and provide professional growth opportunities in best instructional practices and in the implementation of Eastchester's curriculum and assessment programs.
- Continue the implementation of District graduation goals and New York State's learning standards.
- Build on our record of continuous improvement in student performance on State assessments in 4th and 8th grades and in the requirements of the All Regents High School.
- Continue to enhance our excellent record of enrollment in Advanced Placement courses and other advanced learning opportunities for all students which will also enhance college/university acceptances. Continue to build on our regional leadership role in videoconferencing for enhanced learning, along with the application of new and upgraded technology K-12.
Finance/Budget/ Business Operations:
- Develop fiscally responsive and taxpayer sensitive expenditure plans that support and improve programs, services and facilities.
- Develop strategic financial reserves capable of responding to program capital and infrastructure needs in a manner that maximizes resources and promotes taxpayer value.
- Continue the District's commitment to utilize technology in achieving its mission and to improve its technology infrastructure, as needed.
- Oversee, guide and support the successful completion of all voter-approved bond projects and all facility improvement projects, and to report to the community on the progress of all work.
- Complete the secondary facilities review by the Long Range Planning Committee and recommend to the community a plan for accommodating increased enrollments at the Middle and High School.
School Community, Public Relations & Legisative Action:
- Enhance the Board's communications with parents through trustee liaisons to all PTA's,the Eastchester School Foundation and the Eagles Spots Club.
- Continue the Board's successful Advisory Committee structure in order to promote the appropriate involvement of stakeholders in important decision-making processes.
- Continue to support and improve the District's Public Relations Program, particularly through cable channels (78/24), the District's web site and "School Talk."
- Engage in legislative action and advocacy on behalf of the best interests of all Eastchester students.
- 0000 Series: Philosophy, Goals, Objectives
- 1000 Series: Community Relations
- 2000 Series: School Board Govern
- 3000 Series: Administrative
- 4000 Series: Instruction
- 5000 Series: Students
- 6000 Series: Fiscal Management
- 7000 Series: Facilities Development
- 8000 Series: Support Services
- Series: Personnel