Next Eastchester School District Wellness Event
Tuesday January 16 7:00pm Eastchester Middle School Cafeteria
Join us for an hour of demonstrations, tips and interactive fun! This event in the ongoing wellness initiative is for families – and children of all ages are welcome.
We will begin the night with a healthy baking demonstration by EHS grad Anna Larkin. Anna was a recent contestant on the Food Network Show, Bakers vs. Fakers. Anna won the contest, even though she makes her living as a registered nurse in New York City!
She will show us how to make a healthy and delicious chocolate chip cookie cake – with samples for all!
Then you can make the rounds and visit various stations:
· Meet Eleanor, a therapy dog, who visits students in our schools.
· Try some healthy snacks from Trader Joe’s and visit with two reps from the store, Giovanna Bella Cruz and EHS grad Suzanne Longo.
· Learn some yoga moves from parent and resident Marianne Bateman who will demonstrate that yoga is for kids.
· Meet your DARE officer and find out more about the in-school drug abuse prevention and education program.
· Try out some fitness moves under the guidance of a coach from the Equinox Fitness Center in Eastchester.
· Check out some health and wellness books from the Eastchester Library, right on the spot. No library card? No problem – you can sign up that night.
· Learn about treatment in the drug abuse field from another EHS alum, Alexandra Luciano, who will have a table with information on local mental health resources.