Now at Eastchester

Welcome Back!

Picture of Eastchester District Website Administrator
Welcome Back!
by Eastchester District Website Administrator - Sunday, September 2, 2018, 2:55 PM

Click here for more photos!

Dr. Moran giving the opening day presentationEastchester teachers were welcomed back Wednesday like returning heroes, entering the Eastchester High School auditorium to the sounds of the EHS jazz band.

On campus for the first day of a two-day Superintendent Conference Day and Professional Development workshop, they were excited to reconnect with one another after the summer break.

Superintendent of Schools Dr. Walter Moran and Board of Education President Mary Messner Martin were the first to welcome them back.

Everyone make sure to thank our custodians for their incredible work this summer“Every single one of you, thank you for all that you have done for my children and all the children of Eastchester,” said Martin.

Calling what teachers do “magic in the lives of students,” Dr. Moran outlined the goals for the academic year. “Everyone makes a difference. It is all about teaching and learning. You have inspired me with all you accomplish, of which I am most proud.”

Teachers and staff received encouragement from Eastchester High School Principal Dr. Jeff Capuano and Eastchester Teachers Association President Jessica O’Hara. They were reminded that they are like superheroes to students and form the fabric of their lives.

Teachers later returned to their school buildings to meet with their colleagues and add some final touches on their classrooms.

All schools open Tuesday, September 4th.