Now at Eastchester

Greenvale Students Make a Difference

Picture of Eastchester District Website Administrator
Greenvale Students Make a Difference
by Eastchester District Website Administrator - Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 8:09 PM

Greenvale StudentsGreenvale Students worked tirelessly to help others and their efforts paid off. They have been named the top fundraising school nationwide in the The Loukoumi Foundation’s annual Make a Difference Day. Greenvale students raised more than $3,000 dollars for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s Literacy Program. That amount is $1,000 more than last year.

Make a Difference Day, held annually since 2014, took place on Saturday, October 27th. The event has rallied over 100,000 children to participate in charitable causes across the country.

“I think it is really good because the children in need deserve as much education as we have and hopefully this can help them get it,” said student Nina Russell

The Literacy Program allows children who are hospitalized to receive tutoring while they are recovering.

Matthew McDonough said “I feel really good because we donated to a good cause! I hope the money we raised will help the children at St. Jude’s get better and keep learning.”

Greenvale students also made 600 cards that were distributed to patients.

A special thank you to Derek Pesce and the Greenvale Student Council for all their efforts coordinating this fundraising event.

The Anne Hutchinson School and The Waverly School also participated in the national St. Jude project.