Now at Eastchester

Business Honor Society Induction

Picture of Eastchester District Website Administrator
Business Honor Society Induction
by Eastchester District Website Administrator - Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 2:58 PM

Six students were inducted into Lambda Alpha Beta Gamma, the International Business Honor Society on April 25, with administrators, faculty and family congratulating them for their achievements.

The honor society recognizes leadership, scholarship and the excellence in business studies. Eastchester High School Principal Jeff Capuano also told the students to value ethics and responsibility in addition to ability and knowledge as they pursue their careers.

The new inductees explained the ideals held by Lambda Beta Gamma and pledged to hold high standards through their lives. They are: Bridget Bajana, Kristina Constantino, Patrick Crean, Thomas Dell’ Aera, Rebecca Moriarty and Erica Reith.

Mary Visconti, EHS Class of 15, explained how studying business in Eastchester had an effect on her life. “I fell in love with accounting and if it weren’t for the businesses courses, I don’t know what I would be studying in college.” Visconti is graduating Thomas Aquinas College next month and will continue her studies to become a Certified Public Accountant.  

Also attending the event was Professor Ruth Levy Schudroff who is the Co-Adviser for the Alpha Beta Gamma Chapter at Westchester Community College. She encouraged students to continue their business studies in college. “You have to understand how business operates. Business forms relationships in every career.”

Thank you to Business Honor Society Co-Advisors Amy Schlamkowitz and Lauren Stipo who organized the ceremony and work with the students throughout the school year.

View the image gallery!