Now at Eastchester

Social Skills Ceremony

Picture of Eastchester District Website Administrator
Social Skills Ceremony
by Eastchester District Website Administrator - Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 12:17 PM

Students with certificiates“We all have different ways of communicating and navigating the world around us. I like to put smiles on others faces.” “I love making new friends.” “I love helping people.”

That’s how student speakers Julianna Brunelli, Georgia Cesarini, Augustine Montengero and Julianna Parcella described their experiences as part of the Social Skills Program at Anne Hutchinson.

Students with certificatesDuring their recess period, general education students laugh, play and make new friends with students in the Social Skills program. On May 10, second and third grade students received certificates and watched a video highlighting their time together over the school year.

“What I see is goodness,” said Program Coordinator Colette Donato. “They want to engage each other.”

BannerWorking together builds friendships and ensures that no student is isolated.

After the ceremony, students and families enjoyed a reception.

Thank you to AH Principal Dr. Annette Keane and Colette Donato and Lisa Knapp, Program Coordinators. 

View the image gallery!