Now at Eastchester

Seeking Excellence

Picture of Eastchester District Website Administrator
Seeking Excellence
by Eastchester District Website Administrator - Thursday, August 29, 2019, 10:58 AM

Dr. Glass“What does excellence look like for you?” Eastchester School Superintendent Dr. Robert Glass posed that question to administrators, faculty and staff as he welcomed them back to the district.

On Wednesday, Dr. Glass kicked of the 2019-2020 school year and encouraged the Eastchester school community to look within themselves and to each other to answer that question.

Welcome back faculty meetingThis is Dr. Glass’ first year in the district and he shared some moments from his life and ideas for success. “What does work is building relationships and seeking to understand instead of being understood.”

School Board President Dr. Cheryl Smith, a professor at Baruch College addressed the group through a video message. She said she has witnessed an ethic of care, what she believes to be the foundation for excellence in education.

“I will be cheering you on and supporting you from the sidelines in any way I can. I am invested in the work and I hope to help everyone in the district feel that they have a board of education that is connected to them and cares for them.”

A back-to-school barbeque lunch inside the Eastchester High School cafeteria followed the presentations.

#eufsdexcellence

View the image gallery!