Now at Eastchester

National Merit Semifinalist

Picture of Eastchester District Website Administrator
National Merit Semifinalist
by Eastchester District Website Administrator - Friday, September 13, 2019, 2:29 PM

Eastchester High School is proud to announce that senior Elias Dube was named as a National Merit Semifinalist. He is one of approximately 16,000 students to receive this honor across the nation.

The National Merit Scholarship Program is an annual academic competition that honors and recognizes academically talented students who sat for the PSAT exam administered last fall as juniors.

Elias is now eligible to compete for a National Merit Scholarship.

“I think is a wonderful opportunity and I am very grateful that I have had all the chances to do this,” said Elias.

His guidance counselor Brianne Hickey couldn’t be more proud. “Elias’ achievement reflects his determination and dedication to his studies. A recognition at this level speaks volumes to Elias’ ability and the work he has accomplished in the Eastchester School District.”

Elias attributes his success to reading constantly. “So much of the SAT is reading based. Not only do we enjoy what we read, but we learn things, and become connected with the overall depth of human knowledge.”